Case Study from Northern Archaeological Associates Ltd
Supplier: Avensure Ltd
Client: NAA Heritage Consultants
About Northern Archaeological Associates Ltd:
Northern Archaeological Associates Ltd is one of the North East’s largest and best known independent heritage consultancies, offering a full range of archaeological and historic environment services across the UK. Established since 1990.
Why did Northern Archaeological Associates Ltd need Health and Safety Assistance?
Northern Archaeological Associates Ltd contacted the Health and Safety Team at Avensure in need of Health & Safety expert advice, on a project they were contracted to produce an archaeological report for a number of buildings on a former industrial site prior to demolition. Their client informed them that the buildings which required a report, had asbestos present and were currently under an asbestos management plan.
At Northern Archaeological Associates Ltd we pride ourselves in protecting the health, safety and welfare of our employees, with this project we required the assistance of Avensure’s Health and Safety advice team to support us in gaining an understanding of our requirements under Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012.
How did Avensure help Northern Archaeological Associates Ltd address their Health and Safety query?
First off we provided Avensure with a copy of the asbestos surveys which were completed and provided to us by our clients. We needed Avensure’s expertise on what the job would entail based on the findings on those surveys.
They reviewed the asbestos surveys, completed by a competent Health and Safety contractor and identified that whilst the surveys had been carried out a few years back, these urgently needed a re- inspection.
We were given detailed information of what we should be made aware of regarding the specific job at hand and a systematic approach of what steps we needed to take going forwards. The thorough review and the detailed email enabled us to confidently go back to our client with further queries and information regarding the status and condition of the Asbestos.
Following further information from our Client we didn’t hesitate to contact our Health and Safety advisor, to review the more recent asbestos surveys.
It was nice to get clarification on the processes we were already doing and further support on the specific PPE required for carrying out the non-invasive project.
What services do Avensure provide Northern Archaeological Associates Ltd?
Health & Safety
- Initial visit to clients Primary site to conduct a Health & Safety evaluation
- Summary Report and Recommendations
- Health and Safety Management system and supporting documentation, including health & Safety policy statement, structure arrangements, records, risk assessment guide, guidance notes and employee handbook.
- Updates of Health & Safety documentation in line with changes to legislation, or changes to organisational structure or layout of premises.
- Unlimited email and telephone support.
- Access to an expert Health and Safety Advice Team 24/7 basis
HR and Employment Law
- Bespoke HR Documentation: Contracts and Handbooks and guidance on implementation.
- Immediate 24/7 advice on all ongoing HR and Employment Law issues.
- Access to our own dedicated Employment Law Consultant, Bev Wood who is invaluable.
- Access to a team with a vast range of experience in Employment Law Contracts and HR.
- Insurance to cover all legal and tribunal representation costs including all compensation awards.
- Barrister/ Solicitor trained legal advisors.
- Training to help us understand Employment Law and HR issues better.
What would you say to someone thinking of using Avensure’s services?
Following the advice from the experts of the Health and Safety team at Avensure, we felt well equipped for the project and reassured that the control measures in place were both suitable and sufficient. I would highly recommend other companies needing Health and Safety guidance to contact Avensure’s Health and Safety team.