Why did County Keycare need HR / Employment Law assistance?
County Keycare had a member of staff on long term sickness absence. This member of staff was seriously ill and County Keycare required support on the management of this absence and how to resolve this without breaching relevant employment legislation.
How did Avensure help address their HR / Employment Law issues?
Avensure assisted County Keycare in carrying out effective welfare meetings and then eventually obtaining consent for a medical report. Their dedicated Adviser then drafted the letter to the employee’s GP with the relevant questions to establish the severity of the employee’s condition and their ability to return to work in the future. Once the report was received the Adviser was able to determine if it would be appropriate to invite the employee to a formal medical capability hearing.
Again, the dedicated Adviser was able to draft the formal invite letter ensuring that all of the statutory requirements were included and then prepared the client for the hearing with a script to follow and suggested questions to ask. Once the minutes of this hearing were provided to Avensure we were able to advise that a dismissal for ill health could be a potential option for the client to take and that this decision would be indemnified by our insurers. The dismissal letter was drafted by the dedicated adviser, again with all of the necessary statutory provisions and the client was provided with options in regards to payment of notice periods.
“I would like to take this opportunity to say in a few lines “our thank you” to your organisation and support you have given us in resolving a recent employee case. The support, prompt communication, guidance and assistance provided by Annie Wycherley of Avensure whom we corresponded with, was excellent! She was very clear in explaining things to us and assisted in sorting out our specific case in a very professional manner.”
What services do Avensure provide County Keycare?
- Bespoke HR Documentation: Contracts and Handbooks and guidance on implementation.
- Immediate 24/7 advice on all ongoing HR and Employment Law issues.
- Online access to stationary forms via Avensure Locker
- Access to our own dedicated Employment Law Consultant, Annie Wycherley who is invaluable.
- Access to a team with a vast range of experience in Employment Law Contracts and HR.
- Insurance to cover all legal and tribunal representation costs including all compensation awards.
- Barrister/Solicitor trained legal advisors.
- Training to help understand Employment Law and HR issues better.
What would you say to someone thinking of using Avensure’s services?
“We fully recommend your service and once again, thank you, especially to your employee Annie Wycherley for all her professionalism.”