Case Studies > Rhodes Freight Services
As an independent, Family owned business, providing transport solutions tailored to Specific requirements throughout the UK and Europe, Rhodes Freight Services Ltd enlisted the help of Avensure to assist with all aspects of their HR, Employment Law and Health & Safety compliance. This Case Study provides a summary of the Legal assistance delivered and how Rhodes Freight Services Ltd have benefited from Avensure’s Legal expertise.
About Rhodes Freight Services Ltd
Rhodes Freight Services Ltd is an independent family owned business providing a range of transport to companies and individuals involved in the movement of all types of perishable freight including airfreight. They offer a flexible delivery service that is unique to each client.
Why did Rhodes Freight Services Ltd need HR– Legal Assistance?
The business has grown rapidly in recent years and we have just opened a new warehouse.
In the process of this we have continued to treat our employees like family and support them. We have never needed HR support and have resolved previous issues by using a common sense approach.
However, recently we let a member of staff go. They had not been with us long, yet it was a hard decision to make and was not taken lightly. They made an employment claim against the company. Dealing with the tribunal matter was confusing and time-consuming so we really needed expert help.
In doing this we realised how important it is to have all the right paperwork and procedures in place, but it is time consuming to do on your own.
How did Avensure help address their HR issues?
Our legal advocate, explained the tribunal process and applicable law in plain English so we could make decisions that were in the best interest of the business. They were able to resolve the matter amicably so we were saved the time, cost and inconvenience of going to a tribunal.
What services do Avensure provide Rhodes Freight Services Ltd?
COMBINED (HR and Health & Safety)
- Bespoke HR Documentation: Contracts and Handbooks and guidance on implementation.
- Immediate 24/7 advice on all ongoing HR and Employment Law issues.
- Online access to stationary forms via Avensure Locker
- Access to our own dedicated Employment Law Consultant, who is invaluable.
- Access to a team with a vast range of experience in Employment Law Contracts and HR.
- Insurance to cover all legal and tribunal representation costs including all compensation awards.
- Barrister/Solicitor trained legal advisors.
- Training to help understand Employment Law and HR issues better.
- H&S Initial visit to Clients property to conduct an H&S evaluation.
- H&S – Summary Report and recommendations
- Dedicated Health & Safety Advisor 24/7 with unlimited email and telephone support.
- H&S management system and supporting docs, including a H&S policy statement, structure, arrangements, records, risk assessment guide, guidance notes and employee safety handbook.
- Updates of H&S documentation in line with changes to legislation, or changes to organisational structure or layout of premises.
What would you say to someone thinking of using Avensure’s services?
“Dealing with a claim against the company has been a steep learning curve and brought home the need to be up to date with employment law and have detailed procedures in place. The time saved by bringing Avensure on board has meant that we have been able to secure a large commercial contract.
Now, not only are we looking forward to recruiting additional staff knowing that we have all the paperwork in place, but we can bring prospective clients on site and introduce them to happy staff working in a safe environment.”
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
11 Peter Street
2-8 Victoria Avenue