Case Studies > The Ark Community Centre
The Ark is a Community Centre based in the village of Crawcrook, it is a safe space for children and adults to explore the faith. They have enlisted the help of Avensure to assist with all aspects of Health and Safety and this Case Study provides a summary of the support provided by the Health and Safety advice team relating to Lone working, and how The Ark have benefited by using Avensure’s services.
About The Ark:
The Ark is a church, a soft play centre, and a cafe in the village of Crawcrook. The Ark opened its doors in May 2013, and offers a party venue, soft play, a quality cafe, and a safe space for children and adults to explore the faith.
Why did The Ark need Health and Safety Assistance?
The Ark made contact with Avensure’s Health and Safety advice team regarding our lone Working policy and procedures. Whilst it was identified by the Health and Safety consultant, that our current policy was comprehensive, there were some areas outstanding that needed to be addressed.
How did Avensure help The Ark address their Health and Safety?
We spoke directly with a Health and Safety advisor to ask if they were able to provide us with a working example of a lone working policy. The working policy gave us the ability to see what was required in our own setting and also highlighted the need for a risk assessment of which we needed support with.
Our advisor responded promptly and sent us a template risk assessment along with guidance on this which we found really helpful. We felt that whilst the information required within the template risk assessment was really useful, we decided to use a different layout so that we could input the information we felt was necessary for The Ark and combine it into one document. The advisor was able to adapt straight away to our unfamiliar risk assessment layout, which helped us greatly in further understanding our own documentation.
Whilst we understand that as a business we have to compile our own documentation, the advisor went above and beyond supporting us and spent time providing further pointers and information to cement our understanding of this specific topic.
“The advice team are always on hand to help, we felt comfortable in asking for assistance and we always receive a competent response in a timely manner. This experience has given us further confidence to continue the implementation of further risk assessments and know that Avensure are on hand should we require their support.”
What services do Avensure provide The Ark?
Health & Safety
- Initial visit to clients Primary site to conduct a Health & Safety evaluation
- Summary Report and Recommendations
- Health and Safety Management system and supporting documentation, including health & Safety policy statement, structure arrangements, records, risk assessment guide, guidance notes and employee handbook.
- Updates of Health & Safety documentation in line with changes to legislation, or changes to organisational structure or layout of premises.
- Unlimited email and telephone support.
- Access to an expert Health and Safety Advice Team 24/7 basis
HR and Employment Law
- Bespoke HR Documentation: Contracts and Handbooks and guidance on implementation.
- Immediate 24/7 advice on all ongoing HR and Employment Law issues.
- Online access to stationary forms via Avensure Locker.
- Access to our own dedicated Employment Law Consultant, who is invaluable.
- Access to a team with a vast range of experience in Employment Law Contracts and HR.
- Insurance to cover all legal and tribunal representation costs including all compensation awards.
- Barrister trained legal advisors.
- Training to help understand Employment Law and HR issues better.
What would you say to someone thinking of using Avensure’s services?
“If you find health and safety daunting and need some friendly commercially aware advice specific to your business, Avensure are on hand to understand your business and specific needs so that they can adapt specifically to what you require.”
T: 0191 413 1339
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
Northern Head Office:
11 Peter Street
2-8 Victoria House